NFL Preseason has finally begun and our NFL Recipe Series keeps rolling on with the AFC North and the Baltimore Ravens. As we all know from Wedding Crashers there are two things that Maryland does…crab cakes and football. Well I’m sorry to say that I’m not serving up crab cakes for the Ravens. Instead the following recipe is our rendition of some amazing crab dip pretzels we encountered at my favorite local shack Davis’ Pub in Eastport, Maryland (next to Annapolis). So grab some good crab meat, fresh pretzels, old bay, cheese and make this amazing piece of Maryland pub food.
Be sure to check back in tomorrow for the continuation of our NFL Recipe Series with the Pittsburgh Steelers and potato goodness.
What does Maryland do…
- 4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp old bay
- 2 scallions (diced)
- 3/4 tsp worschershire
- 1/4 tsp of lemon juice
- Jumbo lump crab meat (8 oz)
- Shredded cheese
- Chives (finely diced)
- German pretzel rolls
- First off…purchase some delicious pretzel rolls from your local German bakery. Go home and preheat your oven to broil.
- In a medium sized bowl thoroughly combine the first 8 ingredients.
- Add the crab meat
- Mix thoroughly..,again.
- Cut the pretzel rolls in half and generously top each half with the crab meat mixture.
- Top with some shredded cheese. Place your open faced crab pretzels on a baking pan and then in the oven. Cook until the cheese has melted and is bubbly.
- Remove for oven, plate and top with freshly chopped chives.
Copyright © sports-glutton.com, 2010-2011. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from sports-glutton.com is strictly prohibited.