Last fall I posted a short series where I shared my Grandma’s Oatmeal Cookie Recipe and three different variations of these highly addictive cookies. The variations included Toasted Hazelnuts & Nutella, Pumpkin & Toasted Pecans, and the use of Vosges Woolloomooloo Bar. But being the glutton that I am, I couldn’t leave well enough alone and recently I began experimenting with a few new enticing twists to Grandma’s cookies.
So after “weeks” of experimenting and consuming the Oatmeal Cookie Series continues today with a variation that once again relies on a Vosges speciality chocolate bar to create a sensational cookie.
Vosges Smoke and Stout Caramel Bar is a combination of Rogue Ale’s Chocolate Stout beer, Alderwood smoked salt, burnt sugar caramel, and 70% dark chocolate. As if this gooey chocolate creation doesn’t sound good enough on its own, when mixed with the oatmeal cookies, the bar dissolves infusing the batter with rich notes of bitter dark chocolate, burnt caramel, and a hint of smokiness.
To be sure this is a dark twist on the cookie, but it’s one that all my cookie tasters resoundingly approved of.
So make your mouth happy and give these cookie a try.
Be sure to check back in on Saturday for the next variation in the Oatmeal Cookie Series.
- 1 1/4 sticks of butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 cups of quick oats
- 1 cup of flour
- 3/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 Vosges Smoke & Stout Caramel Bar
*One batch will make roughly 14 cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the butter and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine on a low speed.
- In a separate bowl mix the oats, flour, and salt.
- Then toss this mixture in with the butter and brown sugar.
- Mix on a medium-low speed until the mixture looks something like above.
- In a measuring cup combine the water and vanilla extract. Turn the mixer on a medium-low setting and gradually pour the water/vanilla into the bowl.
- Carefully break up the Smoke & Stout Caramel Bar and toss in with the batter.
- Continue to mix the ingredients on a medium setting until the bar squares are broken up into small chunks and thoroughly combined.
- Spoon out big gobs of cookie dough onto a baking sheet, place the sheet in the oven, and bake for around 14 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes on a rack.
- Place cookies around Vosges package, take picture, and eat entire batch in one sitting (optional).
Copyright © sports-glutton.com, 2010-2012. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from sports-glutton.com is strictly prohibited.