The Oatmeal Cookie Series continues today with another scrumptious variation of my Grandma’s recipe: Oatmeal with Peanut Butter & Roasted Peanuts. The cookies are a perfect balance between the flavors of a peanut butter and oatmeal cookie, with freshly toasted roasted peanuts adding a richness and textural crunch. If you’re a lover of either of these types of cookies then you’ll appreciate the harmonious combination of the two found in this variation.
If you’ve missed any other part of the Oatmeal Cookie Series here are links to the recipes:
- Grandma’s Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- Toasted Hazelnuts & Nutella
- Pumpkin & Toasted Pecans
- Vosges Woolloomooloo Bar
- Vosges Smoke & Stout Caramel Bar
And keep a look out on Wednesday for the next recipe in the series.
- 1 1/4 sticks of butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 cups of quick oats
- 1 cup of flour
- 3/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1/3-2/3 cup of water
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
*One batch will make roughly 16 cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the butter and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine on a low speed.
- In a separate bowl mix the oats, flour, and salt.
- Then toss this mixture in with the butter and brown sugar.
- Mix on a medium-low speed until the mixture looks something like above.
- In a measuring cup combine 1/3 cup water and vanilla extract. Turn the mixer on a medium-low setting and gradually pour the water/vanilla into the bowl.
- In a small frying pan over medium heat toast the peanuts.
- Toss the toasted peanuts and peanut butter in with the batter.
- Continue to mix the ingredients on a medium setting until the peanut butter and peanuts are thoroughly combined. Mix in small amounts of water to the batter until the preferred consistency is reached (I added about 1/4 cups).
- Spoon out big gobs of cookie dough onto a baking sheet, place the sheet in the oven, and bake for around 14 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes on a rack.
- Enjoy multiple cookies with a cold glass of milk.
Copyright © sports-glutton.com, 2010-2012. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from sports-glutton.com is strictly prohibited.