Thirsty Thursday: Super Bowl XLVII Libation Recommendations

Jan 31, 2013 19 Comments

Super Bowl XLVII Libation Recommendations

Even if you don’t have a horse in the race, Super Bowl Sunday is a time for celebration and enjoying a healthy dose of gluttony. Therefore I’ve put together a diverse libation round up to fuel, refresh, and satisfy any Super Bowl gathering. Just click on the link to read more about any particular libation of choice you might be interested indulging in.

Sudsy Goodness…

It’s football which most likely means you’ll want to be drinking beer.
Mikkellers Beer Geek Breakfast

• For Starters-The Super Bowl doesn’t start until the afternoon/evening hours here in the States, but that doesn’t mean one can’t get the festivities going first thing in the morning. So if that’s your persuasion then crack up a bottle of Mikkeller’s Beer Geek Breakfast. If not then consider enjoying a Snarling Badger Berliner Weisse Beer from Grand Teton Brewing Co. to kickoff your pre-game celebration. After all Berliner Weisse are know as the “Champagne of Beers” not Miller High Life.
  • Gametime Decisions- After going hardy or foofy to start the day you might feel the need to get “hopped up” and make some “bad decisions” while watching the Ravens and Niners do battle. If that be the case, seek out these two great American brews from the Cowboy State: Snake River’s Pako and Windriver’s Pale Ale.
  • Finishing on the Dark Side- Need something a little darker or stronger to celebrate or drown your sorrows? Tempt your palate with a Port City Porter from Washington DC or Uinta’s Sea Legs Baltic Porter from Utah.

Can I Get a Glass of Whine???

In case you’re having a “refined” Super Bowl Celebration consider the following forms of grape juice to make your Gameday right as rain.
Sokol Blossers Evolution

Sticking to the hard stuff…

Need some liquid energy to get the engines fired up to maximum revolutions or just a libation to easy the pain of enduring the Super Bowl?  Then indulge in any of the following:
Whiskey Slush

And whatever your drink of choice is on Sunday be sure to enjoy it gluttonously and responsibly.

Cheers!

Copyright © sports-glutton.com, 2010-2013. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from sports-glutton.com is strictly prohibited.

Beer, Football, Hard Liquor, Libations, Mixed Drinks, Wine Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

19 Responses to “Thirsty Thursday: Super Bowl XLVII Libation Recommendations”

1. The Tin Man says:

Thanks for the recommendations! I will start with some local boch beer and then move to the Pinotage with some Portuguese Hot Wings.

2. Greg says:

Adult gin and juice is way better than that kiddie stuff. Seriously thanks for the shout out. Love this round up.

Of course you need a drink when watching sports on TV – that’s the Australian way. I’ll have a wine xx

4. Sportschump says:

I still haven’t knocked out that apple whiskey but I have the recipe saved.

It’s damn freezing here. I should have had some made for tonight.

5. beerbecue says:

You’re back in my WordPress follow feed. How’d that happen!? Thanks for the links. These are all great choices. I still haven’t made those whiskey slushes yet. I need to get on that.

Who know, probably an upgrade in the WP system. But that’s good to know. Watch out for those whiskey slushes man…deadly good.

6. sonsothunder says:

I don’t have a favorite after Atlanta bombed out of it…I was always a 49’rs fan, and I like the Ravens…we’ll see what happens…In situations like these I usually pick a team to pull for, and mid -way the game…switch to the under dawg…
    Bless You

7. sportsattitudes says:

Hey, it’s 5PM somewhere. A few folks who have already started their Super Bowl weekend libations/celebrations. 20,000 spectators in South Philly for the WIP Radio Annual Wing Bowl. (Google it at your own risk…)

I Googled it and now think that I have to make a trip up there for Bowl 22. You ever been?

Finally a round-up I can wholeheartedly support! All booze and none of those fat-inducing snacks. You’re my hero!

Not bad to mix things up, though I will admit there were plenty of bad snacks during the Bowl.

Perfect, not that we need encouragement to begin the gluttony with libations first thing in the morning! I’m excited to finally see the US commercials live (OK, you caught me, I watch the game only for the commercials! I am in marketing, after all). I’ve got a few yummy ideas for grub, and have posted a recipe you might be interested in Jed, it has bacon in it 😉
    May your favourite team win (since I don’t really care).

10. Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table says:

I had a jack and coke slushie last night! One of my favorite bars in town has a machine full of ’em. Yet another reason you should come to ATL for “research.”