Even if you don’t have a horse in the race, Super Bowl Sunday is a time for celebration and enjoying a healthy dose of gluttony. Therefore I’ve put together a diverse libation round up to fuel, refresh, and satisfy any Super Bowl gathering. Just click on the link to read more about any particular libation of choice you might be interested indulging in.
- For Starters-The Super Bowl doesn’t start until the afternoon/evening hours here in the States, but that doesn’t mean one can’t get the festivities going first thing in the morning. So if that’s your persuasion then crack up a bottle of Mikkeller’s Beer Geek Breakfast. If not then consider enjoying a Snarling Badger Berliner Weisse Beer from Grand Teton Brewing Co. to kickoff your pre-game celebration. After all Berliner Weisse are know as the “Champagne of Beers” not Miller High Life.
- Gametime Decisions- After going hardy or foofy to start the day you might feel the need to get “hopped up” and make some “bad decisions” while watching the Ravens and Niners do battle. If that be the case, seek out these two great American brews from the Cowboy State: Snake River’s Pako and Windriver’s Pale Ale.
- Finishing on the Dark Side- Need something a little darker or stronger to celebrate or drown your sorrows? Tempt your palate with a Port City Porter from Washington DC or Uinta’s Sea Legs Baltic Porter from Utah.
Can I Get a Glass of Whine???
- Start off with a glass of Ameztoi Rose Getariako Txakolina Rubentis. It’s a mouthfeel to pronounce yet simplistically pleasant on the palate.
- Move along to Sokol Blosser’s Evolution Lucky Edition for a white wine blend that will be a party pleaser across the board at a reasonable price.
- White not your thing? Then pick up some bottles of Mr. Old & Reliable Lan Crianza from Spain or blow your guests minds away with some Pinotage from South Africa to pair with any charred delights off the grill.
Sticking to the hard stuff…
- Adult Gin and Juice from Rufus’ Food and Spirits Guide
- Our Homemade Apple Whiskey
- Or the ever popular and dangerous Whiskey Slush
And whatever your drink of choice is on Sunday be sure to enjoy it gluttonously and responsibly.
Copyright © sports-glutton.com, 2010-2013. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from sports-glutton.com is strictly prohibited.