Usually when people think of New England and food two things come to mind: lobster and clam chowder…two things the Glutton family loves to devour. So while contemplating recipes to represent the Boston Red Sox as part of our MLB Recipe Series we naturally felt compelled incorporate either a bottom feeder or half shell into our latest creation. However, since the internet is basically on the verge of imploding with recipes based on either of these ingredients, our naturally deviant creative minds decided to come up with a different take.
We give you Deconstructed Clam Chowder off the grill…yes of the grill.
This simple process allows you to fire up the old barbie, cook/smoke the clams, and then give them a touch of love with bacon bits, lemon crème fresh, and fresh chives. The taste is surprisingly similar to that of clam chowder, only fresher and more vibrant because of the crème and chives. Grilling up some summer corn and potatoes as sides only completes the equation of combining all your favorite chowder flavors into one delicious grillin meal that can be enjoyed during the heat of summer.
- Clams (washed)
- Bacon chunks (precooked)
- 4oz crème fresh mixed w/ zest of one lemon and juice
- Freshly diced chives
- Lemons for garnish
- Wood Chips (optional)
- Fire up you grill and pre-soak any woodchips
- Add your woodchips and place your clams on the barbie over direct heat.
- Close the lid and allow those clams to cook.
- Gradually the clams will open up, sometimes with a pop.
- Remove from heat, then add chunk of bacon, a dollop of crème fresh, chives, and lemon juice.
Copyright © sports-glutton.com, 2010-2013. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from sports-glutton.com is strictly prohibited.