Sometimes there’s no other word to explain food satisfaction other than DAMN. Yes… DAMN. Dishes that make it impossible to deny second helpings and redefine gluttony. This is one of those recipes.
Potato Bread Pudding Waffles is based on a tribute to St. Patrick’s Day and our month long salute to waffles. A phenomenal fusion of classic bread pudding ingredients, the recipe’s core values are enhanced by dried cherries, maple syrup whiskey, and the “waffling” of the pudding. Yet it’s the inclusion of butter flakes into the batter that makes this pudding in waffle form possible and drives home the satisfaction. Texture and flavor perfection.
Enjoy with reckless abandonment!
- 4 slices of potato bread (shreaded)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 2 tbsp butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup half and half
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
*Makes 2 waffles
Maple Whiskey Syrup
- ¾ maple syrup
- ¼ whiskey
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Combine the Maple Whiskey Syrup ingredients into a small pot over medium low heat.
- Toss the bread, dry ingredients, and butter into a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together half/half, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Thoroughly combine with the wet and dry ingredients.
- Add half of the bread pudding to the waffle iron, close, and cook until browned.
- Repeat for second waffle.
- Dress with syrup and enjoy.
Copyright © sports-glutton.com, 2010-2015. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from sports-glutton.com is strictly prohibited.