Memorial Day is nearly upon us, which means if you haven’t done so yet it’s time knock the cobwebs off the old grill and get that baby fired up. So in celebration of the holiday weekend and our month long Grillin Series, we’re offering up a seasonally inspired creation: Rhubarb BBQ Sauce.
A complimentary blend of sweetness, tangy, and herbs the recipe utilizes the unique flavor profile of Rhubarb to provide an invigorating fresh pop the sauce. It’s a refreshing alternative to heavy sugar laden BBQ sauces, and one that works perfectly with chicken or as a condiment on burgers.
- 1 bunch Rhubarb (roughly 2 cups diced)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Sauté up the onions and garlic in a large frying pan with a generous amount of olive oil. Lightly salt.
- Add the rhubarb and continue to sauté until soft/beginning to break down.
- Stir in 2 tbsp of honey.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add remaining ingredients (ketchup, cider vinegar, paprika, and rosemary)
- Continuously stir and simmer.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and honey.
Copyright © sports-glutton.com, 2010-2015. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from sports-glutton.com is strictly prohibited.