Our month long tribute to Maryland Blue Crabs continues with a light and satisfying take on utilizing the state’s most recognized food symbol. Our Old Bay Blue Crab Spring Rolls unities the freshness of crabs from the Chesapeake Bay with the light/bright flavors often incorporated into spring rolls like mango, peppers, avocados, cucumbers, green onions, and cilantro. Mixing the crab with a mayonnaise/Old Bay rub mixture helps to enrichen the rolls, while our Pepper Jelly Sesame Soy Dripping Sauce engages your palate in a fruity, spicy, Asian way. These rolls are gluttonously fun and sure to please family and friends.
- ½ lb Lump Blue Crab Meat
- Mango (cut into thin strips)
- Red bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- Avocado (cut into thin strips)
- Cucumber (cut into thin strips)
- Green onions (cut into thin strips)
- Cilantro (freshly chopped)
- Spring roll wrappers
- Rice noodles
- 2 tbsp -1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tsp Old Bay rub
- Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp pepper jelly
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp old bay rub
- Thoroughly mix together the dipping sauce ingredients.
- Pre-slice all the veggies.
- Mix together the crab and mayo. Season to taste with Old Bay and lemon juice.
- Prepare the rice noodles according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Dip the spring roll wrappers in warm water and place on a flat working surface.
- Line the middle of the wrapper roll with avocado, mango, red bell pepper, green onions, cilantro and a healthy helping of the crabmeat mixture.
- Roll one flap of the wrapper over the top, fold in the sides, and tightly roll the wrapper around the remainder of the filling.
- Set aside, slice, and enjoy with the dipping sauce.
Copyright © sports-glutton.com, 2010-2015. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from sports-glutton.com is strictly prohibited.