With Halloween right around the corner it was important for us to conclude our month long pumpkin based recipe series with a sweet over the top treat. What we came up with is a gluttonous creation for the kid in all of us…a dessert that puts candy corns and candied apples to shame: Oatmeal Cookie Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches with Toasted Pecan Dulce de Leche Sauce.
- Grandma’s Oatmeal Cookies (click here for recipe)
- Pumpkin ice cream
- Dulce de Leche or caramel sauce
- Pecans (crushed and toasted)
- Bake yourself up some oatmeal cookies…big ones.
- Set up a double-broiler over medium heat.
- Combine your Dulce de Leche and toasted pecans, stirring until melted.
- Create your sandwich with a healthy helping of pumpkin ice cream on one oatmeal cookie.
- Top with a second cookie and cover with Dulce de Leche Pecan Sauce.
Copyright © sports-glutton.com, 2010-2015. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from sports-glutton.com is strictly prohibited.