Leftovers happen, but what does one do with leftovers is the eternal question. The answer from last week’s Winter Pot Roast recipe is simple…use the remarkable combination of beef, veggies, and gravy into a savory filling for a pastry pocket or pasty. It’s simple hand held winter warming goodness for your stomach to enjoy.
- Leftover pot roast, veggies, and gravy (from our recipe)
- Pasty, piecrust, or biscuit dough (homemade or store bought)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees or needed temperature for your dough to bake properly.
- If necessary, roughly chop your leftover pot roast and veggies to make them more compactable as filling.
- Roll out dough to desired size for single pasty.
- Fill center with leftovers (don’t forget the gravy) and fold dough over filling.
- Crimp the edges with a fork and repeat until desired number of pasties have been created.
- Place pasties on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper and bake until golden brown.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Copyright © sports-glutton.com, 2010-2016. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from sports-glutton.com is strictly prohibited.