A day late but never a dollar short, our food recipe this week pays homage to the old American staple of peanut butter and jelly with a ridiculously sweet and satisfying for breakfast treat: Peanut Butter Waffles w/ Blueberry Jam Reduction & Bacon.
The waffles strike the perfect balance non-overwhelming peanut butter flavor, while the blueberry jam reduction delivers a fresh fruity brightness. Toss in some bacon slices for some sweet and savory fun and you’ve got classic Glutton 101.
Peanut Butter Waffles
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ½ cup salted butter (melted)
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
Blueberry Jam Reduction
- ½ pint fresh blueberries
- 3-4 tbsp blueberry jam/preserves
- 2 tbsp butter
- Bacon slices (cooked)
- Toss the blueberries, jam, and butter into a small saucepan over low heat. Reduce for 20 minutes or until blueberries begin to break down.
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Thoroughly mix the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients together, adding additional milk as needed to thin the batter.
- Cook your peanut butter waffles on the iron until golden brown.
- Top, serve, and devour with the blueberry reduction and bacon slices.
Copyright © sports-glutton.com, 2010-2016. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from sports-glutton.com is strictly prohibited.