When one thinks of gluttonous foods, seldom does the word quiche come to mind. Particularly quiches stuffed with the super green kale. Yet the Glutton Kitchens have a long standing appreciation of the eggy pies (see our Mesquite Smoked Ham & Veggie Quiche) and we highly recommend not shying away from our latest quiche, which brings together country ham steak, baby kale, and a sharp aged sheep’s milk cheese for one harmonious union of flavors.
- 1+ cup country ham steak (diced)
- 2 cups baby kale (roughly chopped)
- 2 scallions (diced)
- ½-1 cup Ossau Irati or another sharp aged cheese (shredded)
- 4 eggs
- ¾ heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees
- Allow your piecrust to come to room temperature. Shape it into your pie tin, form edges, and using a fork poke holes throughout the crust.
- Place the piecrust in the oven and cook for 10 minutes or until the crust has browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Brown the ham in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Remove the ham and sauté the kale in the ham’s juices, seasoning with salt and pepper
- Construct the quiche by adding the ham, baby kale, scallions, and cheese to the piecrust.
- Whisk the eggs and heavy cream together, season lightly with salt and pepper, then pour over the filling.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until firm and a knife poked into the quiche emerges clean.
Copyright © sports-glutton.com, 2010-2016. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from sports-glutton.com is strictly prohibited.