Pizza is a regular part of the Glutton diet, but that doesn’t mean one can’t mix things up and live a tad more on the healthier side. Case is point our Lamb Flatbread recipe, which brings together a touch of the Mediterranean served on always agreeable Indian Naan bread.
- 1/2 red onion, sliced very thin
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (Greek or regular)
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp smoked saprika
- 1 tsp sumac
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp ground pasilla chili
- 1 tsp all spice
- 4 whole wheat Naan
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta, plus extra for garnish
- Half pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh Parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine onion, vinegar, a pinch of salt, sumac, and coriander. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine yogurt and tahini in a separate bowl. Thin with water for desired consistency if preferred. Set aside.
- Brown lamb with next 6 ingredients and salt and pepper.
- Place naan on a large baking sheet or two. Top each with one quarter of the lamb, feta, and cherry tomatoes.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Top each with pine nuts, tahini yogurt, extra feta, parsley, mint, and marinated onions and enjoy!
Copyright © sports-glutton.com, 2010-2016. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from sports-glutton.com is strictly prohibited.